GUIDELINES & SUPPLEMENTARY INFO
For us all it is very important to create a safe, free and open atmosphere, in which we feel safe and supported to be ourselves, to be playful and vulnerable.
To support that, we created some guidelines, and we hope that everybody will respect them, and keep us happy!
- JOINING OUR SESSIONS IS ALWAYS ON YOUR OWN RISK!!! We are not responsible for any physical injury.
- Contact means: being in touch with yourself and your surroundings, in a playful, improvised and spontaneous way, whilst dancing/meeting each other being with ourselves.
- Everyone is responsible for their own boundaries. Meaning, we can’t feel what just feels right for you. Sometimes it feel right to sit for yourself and take a break, walk through the room or be in a real long dance with just 2 people during that session. Never fear to reject somebody if the situation does not feel right for you.
- Pay attention to your body signals. Often in daily life we don’t listen to them, this is an opportunity to create more awareness for our body.
- In comparison to other dance forms contact improvisation is not meant to be as some couple interaction to raise mutual attraction or act it out, but as an intuitive form of non-verbal communication through movement. Please don’t follow some hidden agenda to find intimacy with your partners.
- However, responsibility is two-sided. We take care not to invade others space and go with what they signal us to create an atmosphere of trust.
- Stay in touch with all your physical reactions. Don’t push yourself to act free. Safety is thé base of real freedom.
- No regular communication during the session, body language and verbal exited gibberish sounds are okay.
- After the introduction you are free to step out, sit on the side, walk out of the room, or do whatever feels good for you.
- On the dancefloor there is no intention of wanting attention, flirting or sexual interaction, if you notice in yourself these feelings, please work with yourself with it, take a step backwards and respect the other person(s).
- No shoes are worn in the room
- No water-glasses in the room – plastic bottles are fine!
- Everybody is equal!
LOST & FOUND
In the central hall there is a chest (usually against the wall with the flyers). In there we will store lost and found items. If you forgot something, probably you can find it back in there.
We will also organise live music jams every now and then. If you play an instrument let us know, and bring yourself & your instrument on our life music jams! You can enter the JAM for free.